As our game world Quimby came to a close last week, we're eager to start the next iteration of the server today! While Quimby XIII shares some similarities with its predecessor, we've decided to offer even more freedom by bringing back double slots and the option to establish multiple holdings per account.
For more details, check out the configuration section below. Ready to kick off your new enterprise? Click here to get started: https://quimby.airlinesim.aero
- Latest ORS version
- Only current aircraft types available
- Used aircraft at start
- Nighttime bans active
- Double slots
- Multiple holdings per account allowed
- Increasing demand over time
- No IPOs possible
The run-time of this iteration will be 8 months, which means that you can play on the server until 29 July 2023. Please note that we've also deployed the updated EU Treaty.
Relaunch Special: 13% Credit Discount
If you'd like to stock up on credits, now is your time! Use our new voucher code QUIMBY13 and you'll receive a discount of 13% during your next credit purchase. The code can be redeemed today and tomorrow.
Connecting Flights: Testing a new Rule
As announced in the title, this iteration of Quimby will be the first game world to feature an updated rule regarding connecting flights, which states that, for every inbound flight, only one outbound flight per destination and carrier is taken into account. This experimental adjustment to our algorithm serves to enhance fairness in terms of passenger distribution and reduce the current "frequency bias".
Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress and might be subject to further adjustments, as we're considering to include the new rule in our next long term game world!
Quimby XII: Top Stats
Now that we've had a look at the new configuration, let's see how your companies scored on Quimby XII! For a complete overview of all the rankings, you can check out our forum.
Top 3 Airlines - Passengers
- SBWAN AIR: 151,149,747 Passengers
- Alaska Skies: 116,068,119 Passengers
- India World: 92,230,213 Passengers
Top 3 Airlines - Cargo
- Emilie Airways: 52,223,102 Cargo Units
- India World: 40,795,350 Cargo Units
- Alaska Skies: 25,845,324 Cargo Units
Top 3 Airlines - Transported Seat Kilometers
- Alaska Skies: 291,082,701,953 SKT
- India World: 252,154,953,129 SKT
- Blue Mountains: 197,451,897,273 SKT
Top 3 Airlines - Transported Freight Kilometers
- Emilie Airways: 176,531,410,092 FKT
- India World: 121,846,279,632 FKT
- Alaska Skies: 93,083,993,876 FKT
Top 3 Airlines - Flights Operated
- SBWAN AIR: 1,059,917 Flights
- Alaska Skies: 895,763 Flights
- Blue Mountains: 771,557 Flights